Nitin, naam to suna hi hoga

Nitin, naam to suna hi hoga
Thats me

Friday, June 5, 2009

25th May 2009

I have put this date as the title of my blog, not because it is the birthday of any of my relatives or friends but that day both expected & unexpected events took me by surprise.We had just returned from a holy trip from Haridwar with family.Everybody was tired because of the sleepless night in the car,yet we remained awake all day.That day JEE result was going to be announced & two of my brothers were waiting for their results.

Initially the server was not allowing us to go to the results page & then it started showing various types of errors.I suggested to dial the numbers of the various IIT's as I had done during my result day.But only 15,000 students were requesting results then, not the massive 4 lakh which were eager to watch how they had fared in this prestigiuos exam.

Finally my brother in law gave us the good news that both of my brothers have qualified.One had an AIR 30 & the other had AIR 3738.

I had also qaulified the same exam, so i knew the worth of being selected.The media frenzy occupied our house just after few hours. There were press people who wanted to interview my family & brothers.However my brother was a bit dissappointed to have secured a rank higher than the Top 10(Damn fool)...The other one was genuinely sad( I understand bro!!)But being in IIT is a good thing in itself..Ranks & departments don't matter a lot.That's what I have learned , the Brand IIT is the most important.

I also was interviewed for a job & was accepted so it was like a good day for me too(But had to join too early.) The excitement of that day still makes me very cheerful.My parents were very proud of my younger brother & I was happy that the hard work he did had paid off..My brothers also dedicated a part of their success to me.(They don't know me that well.)

Kaash somebody would have been there to help me out too.I was the guinea pig of my family.However others benefitted from the fallacies i committed.In the end the result was a satisfactory one for me too.

P.S. I knew many of my IITan colleagues whose brothers gave the exam this year & invariably the younger brother had secured a higher rank than his senior sibling.This shows that bhai sher to chhota bhai sawa sher.

No comments: